Housing Market To Stay Open Amid Third National Lockdown
Preparing To Buy, Sell Or Move Home
- You can begin to market your home and we are able to visit to take photos/videos of the property, whilst adhering to strict social distancing rules.
- If you wish to visit a new build property you should make contact via email or telephone and an appointment will be made. You will not be able to view without an appointment.
- In the first instance, we will continue to offer virtual and/or video viewings, where possible. We will carry out viewings in person once we know that you have a strong interest in the property.
- You will need to arrange your own transport to view a property – if using public transport, please follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- All viewings will take place by appointment only and must be limited to a maximum of two people from the same household. Sorry, no children will be allowed to visit a property.
- We will ask you prior to the viewing whether any party has had COVID-19 or shown symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable or are currently self-isolating.
- We will accompany viewings, where possible and social distancing will be practised, keeping a minimum of 2 metres apart from each other.
- Before entering a property, you will be asked to remove your shoes and immediately after entering a property all parties should wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available). Avoid touching any surfaces.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all internal doors prior to the viewing, open windows, allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels and vacate the property.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles are cleaned, and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
Making Offers Or Reservations
- You are free to make or accept an offer or reserve a property as normal.
- We will be able to carry out video valuations of your home if you do not wish us to visit.
- Or we can carry out a physical valuation of your property whilst adhering to strict social distancing rules.
- We will remove our shoes and will wear face masks and gloves throughout the appointment.
- Prior to our visit, we ask that you ensure the property is well ventilated and any internal doors left open.
- Removal firms can operate whilst following government guidance and social distancing rules.
- We encourage you to contact your removal firm as early as possible in advance of your move.
- You should try and do as much of the packing yourself, if possible.
- Where possible, you should clean your belongings before they are handled by others.
- Whilst removers are in your home, you should maintain a distance of at least 2 metres and open internal doors.
- All parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces.
- You should not provide refreshments but should ensure hand washing facilities, using separate towels, and washing or disposing of them.
To view the full detailed Government guidelines, click below.