Please May We Ask – You Wear Your Mask
Following the government’s recent easing of legal covid restrictions, we would like to thank our customers, colleagues and local communities for all their support during these difficult and challenging times.
Keeping our customers and colleagues safe remains our top priority. From July 9th 2021 we will be continuing to wear our masks when meeting you in the office, on viewings or at valuations.
We would politely ask that you do the same. Thank you.
Preparing To Buy, Sell Or Move Home
- You can begin to market your home and we are able to visit to take photos/videos of the property, whilst adhering to strict social distancing rules.
- If you wish to visit a new build property you should make contact via email or telephone and an appointment will be made. You will not be able to view without an appointment.
- In the first instance, we will continue to offer virtual and/or video viewings, where possible. We will carry out viewings in person once we know that you have a strong interest in the property.
- You will need to arrange your own transport to view a property – if using public transport, please follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- All viewings will take place by appointment only and must be limited to a maximum of two people from the same household. Sorry, no children will be allowed to visit a property.
- We will ask you prior to the viewing whether any party has had COVID-19 or shown symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable or are currently self-isolating.
- We will accompany viewings, where possible and social distancing will be practised, keeping a minimum of 2 metres apart from each other.
- Before entering a property, you will be asked to remove your shoes and immediately after entering a property all parties should wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available). Avoid touching any surfaces.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all internal doors prior to the viewing, open windows, allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels and vacate the property.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles are cleaned, and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
Making Offers Or Reservations
- You are free to make or accept an offer or reserve a property as normal.
- We will be able to carry out video valuations of your home if you do not wish us to visit.
- Or we can carry out a physical valuation of your property whilst adhering to strict social distancing rules.
- We will remove our shoes and will wear face masks and gloves throughout the appointment.
- Prior to our visit, we ask that you ensure the property is well ventilated and any internal doors left open.
- Removal firms can operate whilst following government guidance and social distancing rules.
- We encourage you to contact your removal firm as early as possible in advance of your move.
- You should try and do as much of the packing yourself, if possible.
- Where possible, you should clean your belongings before they are handled by others.
- Whilst removers are in your home, you should maintain a distance of at least 2 metres and open internal doors.
- All parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces.
- You should not provide refreshments but should ensure hand washing facilities, using separate towels, and washing or disposing of them.
To view the full detailed Government guidelines, click below.